You’ve looked forward to camping with your kids all winter. You’ve got the site all set up, listening to the bird’s chirp and breathing in the fresh air. Then you hear, “Man…I’m bored”
Here are some ideas from three of our Alberta Mamas!
- Create a scavenger hunt or download & print ours! -> Scavenger Hunt
- Bring some glue, paper & crayons to let them create a craft with some of the things they collected on the scavenger hunt
- Give them a bucket to collect bugs
- Bring a digital camera for them to take their own pictures
- Bring some paint and collect some rocks to paint
- Use those rocks to play Tic Tac Toe! Download -> ROCK TIC TAC TOE
- Collect sticks for the fire
- Have them guide a nature walk
- Bring a soccer ball and invite kids from the campsite to play
- Build sand castles
- Travel board games from Hasbro
- Card Games like Uno, or Crazy 8’s
- Berry picking
- Teach/practice counting, shapes and categorizing with rocks, sticks, leaves- anything!
- Let your kids make a “mud stew”
- Blow bubbles
- Grab a Slackline kit to bring along from MEC
- A classic – I Spy
- Bring a sensory play bin and don’t worry about the mess! Water beads, rice and other messy bins are great for this.
- Walk to the beach and fill a bin with sand to bring back to the campsite. Add toy cars and trucks and make your own insta-sensory bin.
Please follow and like us: