I have a love hate relationship with the pecan. It was with this nut that we discovered my daughter had a slight tree nut allergy (which she has since grown out of thankfully) and that was scary! BUT then well, Turtle Chocolates – YUM!
Did you know that this nut is a plant based source of protein? Not to mention manganese and copper, which according to Nuts.com are critical minerals for growth and metabolism. There are lots of reasons to eat Pecans – if you’re not allergic – so why not celebrate the day by cooking up something yummy.
Here are 5 recipes I found that look so good, I might even consider spending time in the kitchen to make!
- Pecan Sticky Buns. I’m a BIG fan of cinnamon buns, especially the messy kind. This recipe from Allrecipes.com look messy and delish.
- This Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake from one of our founders, JustAnotherEdmontonMommy.com features the fantastic pecan!
- On the lighter fare side of things, adding Pecan’s to salad is a delightful touch. GeniusKitchen.com has a Cranberry Pecan Salad with Feta Cheese recipe that makes my mouth positively water!
- Yummly.com snazes up your Salmon with this Pecan Crusted Salmon.
- Lastly, where would we be without something Turtle inspired? RockRecipes.com has an Easy Turtle Cheesecake – which includes 3 of my favourite food related words. 😉
Obviously, it doesn’t have to be a special day to cook or bake with pecans but I’ll take any excuse to eat cheesecake! Anyone want to bake some and bring it over?