Have you ever wondered what happens at the Royal Tyrrell Museum when the lights go out?
Sleepover With Dinosaurs At The Royal Tyrrell Museum
Experience the fun of a sleepover with dinosaurs at one of the camp-in nights offered at the Royal Tyrrell Museum. As an activity that is perfect for a family, as well as larger groups camp-ins, are offered on Friday and Saturday nights during the fall and winter months.
Starting at 6:30 p.m. you will get your sleeping area ready in the world-renowned Dinosaur Hall and then take part in four evening programs. The next morning you can start to explore the galleries beginning at 10:00 am!
Some of the programs that have been offered at the Royal Tyrrell Museum camp-ins include:
- Fossil Casting – Make a cast from a mould of a real fossil, learn where it was found and how old it is!
- Digging for Dinos – Dig for real fossils in dig tables using the techniques and tools a palaeontologist would.
- Matrix Sorting – Learn to identify fossil from rock and about distinguishing characteristics between fossils.
- Dinos in the Dark – Using flashlights, learn all about theropod dinosaurs in a darkened Lords of the Land gallery tour
- Cretaceous Alberta Dinos – Learn all about Cretaceous fossils found in our area in this gallery-based program
- Craft – Pendant making, magic clay ornament or flying pterosaurs. Campers make/paint/decorate a craft to take home with them in this very popular program.
Things to know
- The camp-in program is for children 5-13 yrs
- An adult chaperone is required
- Children under the age of 5 yrs cannot attend
- Both male and female participants attend
Child/Youth (ages 5-13) $44.00
Required Chaperone (1:5 ratio) $44.00
Additional Chaperone $44.00
Price includes all activities and materials, a bedtime snack, breakfast, and admission to the Museum.
The Royal Tyrrell Museum is located in Drumheller, AB at 1500 N Dinosaur Trail. To learn more about booking a sleepover or to see available dates visit the Royal Tyrrell Museum website at www.tyrrellmuseum.com