I buy banana’s A LOT. They’re full of all the good vitamins and potassium and most importantly I don’t have to do anything to prepare them for kids snacks, they’re just there…waiting to be eaten. I love that fruit is an easy snack. Unfortunately, many bananas in my house go uneaten so we have lots of browning bananas hanging around the kitchen. This is where delicious banana bread comes in.
I’m not a super great baker, so when I bake it has to be straight up the easiest recipe in the world and this one IS! It’s easy and the most delicious banana you’ll make.
A note about bananas 🍌
I use 4 bananas when making the banana bread, it makes it really moist but also gets rid of an extra banana. However, if you’re going to add chocolate chips, I suggest only using 3 bananas.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 bananas, finely crushed (for super moist bread use 4 bananas)* See notes about bananas in the instructions
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 cup Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º / 180º.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and crushed bananas.
- Combine well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
- Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350º / 180º for 55 minutes.
- Keeps well on the counter but best in the refrigerator
- *If you're adding chocolate chips, three bananas is recommended as the banana bread becomes very moist with 4 bananas.