Does your family love hockey? Would you like to be a part of a documentary about community hockey in Canada, all filmed on a single day?
Of course you do!
On November 17th Sociabank is asking all those that will be on the rink on the 17th to film their hockey experience for their chance to have their footage a part of the Hockey 24 documentary. Best part? In addition to potentially having your footage in the documentary and share your unique experience with community hockey…
You could also win up to $24,000 for your local community hockey team or league,
and a trip to the 2020 Honda NHL® All-Star Game.
What should you film? How should you film? There are some great examples on the Hockey 24 website but this should get your going:
|Waking up||Practice / game||On the road|
|Morning routine||Post-game / locker room||Road hockey/shinny|
|Packing up||Coaching||Off-ice training|
|Evening routine||Watching the game||Fun with friends|
What should you use to film?
Use your smartphone, a camera on a puck (would love to see that), a GoPro on your helmet! Anything that will enable you to upload your video online.
Here’s some tips to keep in mind:
1. Film in landscape: If you film with your smartphone, turn it sideways for best results.
2. Get as close as you can: Focus on what you want us to see and try to fill the frame with your subject.
3. Keep the camera running: The more you film, the better the chance you’ll capture something really special.
4. Think about sound: If you’re filming someone speaking, do your best to limit noise in the background.
5. Avoid shaky movements: It can be hard to film free-hand but do your best to keep a steady hand.
How do you enter?
On November 17th, once you’ve captured your unique hockey experience, head to the Hockey 24 website to submit. It’s that easy.
How will you know if you’re in the film?
The film will be released in the spring of 2020. Please make sure you submit contact information that will be in use then (ie: that trusty hotmail account).
Best of luck!!