When you search “Self-Care” you are inundated with articles encouraging you to take a trip, book a spa day, or buy yourself an expensive gift. Now that all sounds amazing but not in everyone’s budget.
Self-Care doesn’t have to be expensive.
The point of self-care is to take time for yourself and if you’re spending the whole time thinking about your budget OR you come back from your self-care time stressed about how you are now eating KD for the rest of the month to afford your time away it is not going to work.
So what can you do?
We’ve created a list of easy, effective self-care rituals you can do that are cheap or free! As a bonus we’ve also added a recipe for our favourite DIY Sugar Scrub. This easy, cheap scrub will leave your skin feeling amazing and you will probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already.
Inexpensive Self-Care Ideas:
- Go for a walk and leave your phone at home.
- Take a bath.
- Bake cookies and lick the spoon.
- Pour a glass of wine and binge your favourite Neflix show. We recommend The Good Place for a feel good easy watch.
- Invite some friends over for a clothing swap. (Learn how to host one here.)
- Go for a drive blasting your favourite music. The louder the better.
DIY Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup Sugar (regular white sugar for face/body, brown sugar for a coarser feet/hand scrub)
- 1/2 cup oil (Almond, olive, coconut all work)
- squeeze of a lemon
- lemon zest
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix until combined. Store in a glass container and use within a month.
That’s it. See told you it was easy 😉