Happy Cinco De Mayo!
It’s Cinco De Mayo and I’ve got Guacamole!
Did you know that Cinco De Mayo is the celebration of Mexico’s victory over the French dating all the way back to 1862? Modern day Cinco De Mayo in America also usually celebrates Mexican/American culture. Albertans are great at celebrating all cultures, so fiesta on!
This is a pretty basic guacamole recipe. I think having a good basic recipe is a great start and then you can add your own flare from there! (I sometimes add curry powder!)
Quick and Simple Guacamole
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Lime
- 1 Roma tomato finely chopped
- ¼ Red onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut open, pit and scoop out two avocados. Mash the avocado with a fork until smooth.
- Finely chop the red onion and tomato. I actually use a Tupperware chopper like this. It helps it get finely chopped up.
- Squeeze in juice of the lime. I like mine very lime-y so maybe start at half a lime first.
- Add garlic powder and salt and pepper to your taste.
- Enjoy and FIESTA!
P.S Check out my matching Super Easy Pineapple Salsa Recipe .