Travel can seem overwhelming for Alberta families that have children with Autism. As awareness increases, there are more and more resources that can help you plan a wonderful vacation. As a Certified Autism Travel Planner, I will help you find these incredible resources and work with you to plan a trip perfectly suited to the needs of your family.
Lots of people ask me what the difference is between Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Besides location, there are quite a few differences. And don’t forget about cruises and their Hawaiian escape – Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa.
Disney on Ice will be back again in Calgary and Edmonton and this time the show is Dare to Dream!
Disney on Ice presents Dare to Dream
Hosted by Mickey and Minnie Dare to Dream will feature five of your favourite daring Disney heroines along with their friends! Join Moana, Maui, Belle, the enchanted castle staff, Beast, Anna, Else, Rapunzel, Flynn Ryder, Cinderella and others as they all discover why no dream is too big when we find the strength to shape our own destiny.
Ticket Prices and Dates
November 14th -18th
11am, 3pm, 7pm show options available
Tickets prices ranging $31.35-$106.55
Buy tickets today
November 29th – December 2nd
**Tickets go on sale July 31st
Last year many of our Alberta Mamas had the chance to attend Disney on Ice Follow Your Heart and it was awesome. Want to read about our experiences from Disney on Ice last year in both Calgary and Edmonton?
Find the Calgary Disney on Ice review here
Find the Edmonton Disney on Ice review here
Even mentioning the word brings up feelings of magic, wonder, and happiness. Unless you are planning on dragging around kids under 6. Then all you hear when you think of Disneyland is: chaos, crying kids, and cash flying out your wallet. But we can help! Our family has been multiple times with young kids and have learned a lot. See our top 5 things you need when you’re taking your kids to Disneyland.
5 Things You NEED to Know:
We took in Disney on Ice Follow Your Heart last night in Edmonton and what a show it was! The excitement in the building was contagious and little princes and princesses were running around everywhere.
Here’s a few of our favourite things from the night:
- The Costumes: As a Disney production we would expect nothing less. Glittery dresses, colourful everything and larger than life characters. One of the best? The huge floating Octopus during the Finding Dory scene.
- The Aerials: Princesses swinging from the air and doing magic in the sky! Ariel and Rapunzel’s moves were beyond impressive! The skill level of these performers was inspiring.
- The Snow During Frozen: Throughout the Frozen scenes there’s soft white snow falling from the sky. Combined with the beautiful blue lights it was like looking into a magical snow globe!
- The Kids Singing: Don’t be afraid to let your kid, or yourself, sing your little heart out. From Beauty and the Beast classics to Let It Go, it was hard to not hum along.
- The Dance With Toy Story: Just when the kids started getting wiggly they Toys lead the entire crowd in a action filled dance.
If you are planning to attend Disney On Ice this weekend, here are a few tips:
- Arrive early, but not too early. The excitement level was at an all time peak before the show started. Sitting and waiting an excessive amount of time will just drive you nuts.
- Bring glow sticks from home. The kids loved having a variety of glow items to wave around in the dark.
- Plan what you will or won’t purchase for your child in advance. There’s the usual concession fare, snow cones in fancy character cups, cotton candy, crowns, toys, stuffed animals, all sorts of light up wands and more. We suggest having a talk beforehand so your child is prepared for this.
- Plan bathroom breaks. The show is about 2 hours long with an intermission. The intermission was just long enough for us to wait for the bathrooms. Next time I would start this process a few minutes earlier.
You can still snag a few tickets for the Edmonton Disney on Ice Follow Your Heart show, which runs until Sunday December 3rd. Buy them online here or at participating Ticketmaster outlets, charge by phone at 1-855-985-5000, or the Northlands Coliseum box office.
Enjoy the Show!
*We were given complimentary tickets to the show in partnership with Disney On Ice. All opinions are our own.
We’re pretty excited to share with you that Disney on Ice: Follow Your Heart will be in Edmonton from November 30th-December 3rd and we’ve got tickets to give away for opening night!
Follow your heart straight to adventure at Disney On Ice! Just keep swimming with Dory and new pal Hank from Disney• Pixar’s Finding Dory as they set out to find her parents. Cheer with the Emotions from Disney• Pixar’s Inside Out. Venture to wintery Arendelle where Olaf and Kristoff help reunite Anna and Elsa and learn love is the most powerful magic of all. See the Disney Princesses achieve their dreams through bravery, kindness, and perseverance. And celebrate true friendship with The Toy Story gang. Make unforgettable memories with Mickey and your Disney friends when Disney On Ice presents Follow Your Heart skates into your hometown!
Get your Disney on Ice tickets today
With several show dates for Disney on Ice: Follow Your Heart here in Edmonton to choose from you can get tickets starting at $20!
All dates and times
- Thursday, November 30th – 7:00 pm
- Friday, December 1st– 7:00 pm
- Saturday, December 2nd – 11:00am, 3:00pm, 7:00pm
- Sunday, December 3rd – 2:00 pm
Until November 29th, you can save $5/each on up to 8 adult tickets for performances on, Thursday, November 30 @ 7 pm, Friday, December 1st @7pm & Saturday, December 2 @ 7 pm. Enter coupon code ‘OFF5’ at the checkout to get in on this deal!
You can buy your tickets at participating Ticketmaster outlets, online, charge by phone at 1-855-985-5000, or the Northlands Coliseum box office.
Win tickets to Disney on Ice: Follow Your Heart
We’ve teamed up with Disney on Ice to give you a chance to win a 4 pack of tickets to see the show on November 30th with your family!
This post is a partnership Disney on Ice and Alberta Mamas, all opinions are our own.
Last night we had a chance to check out the opening night performance of Disney on Ice: Follow Your Heart taking place at Stampede Corral in Calgary.
With performances from Mickey, Minnie, Dory, Elsa, Anna, Princesses and many others each character told their story of friendship, perseverance, making memories and most importantly following your heart.
The performances included fun skating routines and awesome aerial acrobatics that were captivating! A definite must-see for families and Disney fans that for sure.
See the Disney on Ice Performance
Tickets are still available for all remaining performances and start at $20/ticket.
Friday- 11am, 3pm, & 7pm
Saturday-11am, 3pm, & 7pm
Sunday-11am & 3pm
You cant get your tickets at participating Ticketmaster outlets, online, charge by phone at 855-985-5000, the Scotiabank Saddledome box office in advance or the Stampede Corral box office day of show.
If you are in Edmonton, make sure you stay tuned for a chance to win tickets to the Disney on Ice: Follow You Heart performance on November 30th in Edmonton. Disney on Ice will be in Edmonton November 30th-December 3rd.
If you haven’t heard the news already, we’re screaming it from the rooftops now! Disney on Ice: Follow Your Heart is coming to Calgary Nov 15th-19th at the Stampede Corral.
There will be performances by some of your favourite Disney characters and include, Dory and her new pal Hank, Joy, Sadness and the rest of emotions from Inside Out, The Toy Story Gang, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Ariel and other Disney princesses, and of course Mickey and Minnie!
Tickets start at $20 each and are on sale now through Ticketmaster! If you’re one of our Edmonton readers, you’ll also be able to see your favourite Disney characters in Edmonton Nov 30th-Dec 3rd. You can get your Edmonton tickets on sale now too plus stay tuned for am Edmonton ticket giveaway.
Enter to win tickets to Disney on Ice: Follow Your Heart
We’ve teamed up with Disney on Ice to give you a chance to win a family pack of 4 tickets to the opening night show on November 15th in Calgary starting at 7:00 pm. To enter this contest you must be 18 years of age or older. Enter via the widget below.
This post has been written in partnership with Feld Entertainment and Alberta Mamas where we receive free tickets in exchange for advertisement. All opinions are our own.