2021 YouthWrite® Camp Theme – Voyage to the Great Unknown
Who is this camp for?
- Youth in Alberta
- YouthWrite®, a camp for kids who love to write…just about anything!©
- Youth 8yrs all the way through 20!
Youth can choose in-person or online!
What is YouthWrite?
- At the camps, young creators can explore new pursuits such as yoga and writing, drumming and words, songwriting, illustrating, cartooning, scriptwriting, improvisation and writing, body percussion and words, and more.
- They also focus on traditional poetry and fiction – so there really is something for everyone!
- YouthWrite Society Canada is celebrating its 25th anniversary as a non-profit, charitable arts organization.
YouthWrite remains committed to the safety and health of the youth participants and employees. They are prepared to pivot and ensure we as parents feel comfortable enrolling our youth.
- Camps will likely be capped at 30 participants for the week.
- They are prepared to host small classes indoors (if restrictions permit) with physical distancing, masks, sanitizing, and after each class, a non-toxic fog disinfectant.
- Rent large tents to increase classroom space, as required.
- Or outdoor delivery if they are so mandated.
- More information notes on YouthWrite and COVID precautions can be found on their website.
When are the camps?
- YouthWrite ZOOMS Online to the internet July 5-9.
- Peak Experience Camps take place at Kamp Kiwanis just west of Calgary from July 5-16.
- River Valley Experience Camps take place in Edmonton at the Bennett Centre from July 12-16.
- YouthWrite Society Canada recognizes how tough the unknown has been for everyone. Mental health statistics for youth across the country this past year are staggering (#codepink). Over 25 years, they have seen how YouthWrite’s focus on mental health and resiliency can truly save young lives.
- YouthWrite has a history of allyship with the LGBTQ2S+ community, providing safe and supportive outlets for the youth of any background. They form a strong community and focus on the many ways young people learn to understand themselves, each other, and their world.
- YouthWrite offers kids a safe place to take artistic risks while working with a team of professional instructors and camp supervisors.
- With the camp offering both, online and in-person options, you as a family can decide what you’re comfortable with as we adjust to our “new normal”. Obviously, it won’t look quite like this, but the community will still be there!
- FREE Bus transportation to get them to the camps with pick-up and drop-off locations in both Edmonton and Calgary!
- Register at www.youthwrite.com
Due to COVID safety regulations, camps will have limited space, early registration is encouraged to avoid disappointment.
The Alberta Mamas were gifted a discount in exchange for sharing YouthWrite® with our followers and friends. As always, all opinions stated are our own.