Summer Potluck Recipes
Ah the communal potluck. Whether it’s a backyard BBQ or a group camping trip, summer potlucks are great. Everyone pitches in dividing up the workload PLUS you get to try all kind of different things! We picked our top 5 favourite summer potluck recipes for you next get together inspiration!
- Pineapple Salsa from BitchinHousewife.com . Fruity with a surprise tang of the balsamic vinegar. Super simple and the flavours get better with time! Whip up some cinnamon sugar chips or great with regular salty tortillas.
- The Best Broccoli Salad You Will Ever Make by JustAnotherEdmontonMommy.com This recipe has been circulating a while with the great debate, Mayo or Miracle Whip? Which side are you on?
- Strawberry Cheesecake Icebox Cake from LifeMadeSweeter.com. Who doesnt love a little dessert with their get together? Personally I’m usually the one bringing it! There is NO BAKING. Perfect for those super hot days. I feel like we would make a double batch in this house!
- Veggie Rolls with Cashew Tahini Dip from EatSpinRunRepeat.com Healthy and easy to cut into a lot of rolls. Great for those hot days when lighter food feels a bit better to eat. If you don’t have any nut allergies in your home I love veggie rolls with peanut sauce too!
- Classic Quacamole from… right here on AlbertaMamas.com. This recipe was originally made for Cinco De Mayo, but classic quacamole is good all year round we believe. A personal favourite is to pair with the Tostitos Hint Of Lime Chips! To save on bit on the price of avocados I like to get the big bags from Costco or buy them from a local discount produce store like H&W.
Wherever you are this summer we hope you get to enjoy good food and company!