We’ve got some exciting news about the opening of the highly anticipated Royal Alberta Museum in Edmonton!
“With 2.4 million uniquely Albertan stories just waiting to be told, you’ll find a-ha moments around every corner. Space rocks, live bugs, enormous dinosaurs, wildlife and personal accounts from people who have shaped our province come together in bold, new exhibits.” -Royal Alberta Museum
What You Need to Know:
- The Grand Opening of the Alberta Royal Museum is slated for Wednesday October 3
- To celebrate, there will be 6 days of FREE admission to the museum (From October 3-8)
- Regular admission and hours will begin on October 9
- The new Royal Alberta Museum is located at 9810 103A Avenue in downtown Edmonton
- There is no on site parking lot at the new location. There are lots of private parking lots and street parking options available, or make an adventure out of it and take the LRT!
- There are 16 strollers available to rent for parents with young children
- Make sure you check out the 7,000 square foot Children’s Gallery filled with interactive exhibits, hands on demonstrations, a dig pit, toddler area, maker’s space and more!
For the free admission days you need to get tickets for a specific time slot. You can do this via the Royal Alberta Museum Website HERE. Be patient though, as the website has been crashing since the announcement!