You’ll look like the cool mom when you serve cookies for breakfast. Just don’t tell the kids they are actually really healthy! The best part about these banana oat breakfast cookies? There are only two steps, one bowl and one spoon needed, AND they freeze really well. It’s basically the unicorn of healthy cookies.
It’s May and I don’t know about you guys but I am sick of making school lunches and the kids are tired of their lunches. But don’t worry we’ve got you covered with a list of easy, quick and fun lunches to carry you over until summer vacation!
- Wraps – The easiest transition from boring bread. Some favourites in our house are: banana and sunflower seed butter (school safe and same taste as wow butter without all the sugar), ham and cheese, jam, and cream cheese and cucumber.
- Crackers and cheese – Add pickles (if you’re kids are into it!), sausage, and their favourite crackers to make an easy lunch.
- Breakfast cookies – The kids will get a kick out of being able to eat cookies for lunch and you’ll feel great knowing they will be full and ready to take on their afternoons. There’s so many great recipes on Pinterest or you can check out the ones we love to make (and are SO easy to adapt to taste) here.
- Cereal – Keeping with the breakfast theme, send individual packs of cereal with them to school for lunch! Keep it simple and let them eat it dry or send some milk in a thermos.
- Leftovers – This one is best if the kids have access to a microwave but is such a time saver if you can make it work!
- Pizza Roll Ups – This is a little more prep but can be made ahead in big batches and can be kept in the freezer until you want to use them. Get pizza dough (make it yourself or pick it up pre-made at the store), roll it out, lay down your favourite toppings, roll it up (think cinnamon bun rolling), slice into even pieces, lay out on a lined baking sheet and bake. So easy and delicious!
- Muffins – Cram them full of good, healthy ingredients and they won’t miss their sandwiches at all AND they will stay full until the end of the day.
- Mini Pancakes – Make the night before to make the morning easier, add some fruit and the kids have a fun, easy lunch.
- Pita Bread and Hummus – The EASIEST lunch for those days when you just don’t have time. Bonus if you have those individual packs from Costco. Even a two year old can pack this easy lunch!
- Let Them Choose – Give them parameters (has to include all the food groups for example) but them let them go wild. No restrictions. It is always interesting to see what combination they come up with!
We hope some of these give you inspiration to get through the school year! We’d love to hear what your kid’s favourite lunches are. Share below!
Can we also agree that the cute shapes, googly eyes, and over the top bento boxes be done for the year? No one needs that pressure right now. Save it for September Karen.
Deanne Ferguson is the owner of Box Social Event Planning. When she is not planning fun, family, friendly events she is finding the yummiest food for the Edmonton Home and Garden Show Food Stage. She loves her #cocktailsMonday dates with her husband and chasing around her two boys. You can find her at @DeanneFerguson on Instagram and @BoxSocialYEG on Twitter.
Tis the season for Christmas Baking! Christmas parties, potlucks, homemade gifts, and baking exchanges galore and we’ve got 25 recipes to inspire you this holiday season.
Christmas Baking Recipes
Eggnog Gooey Butter Cookies – Infused with eggnog these cookies will definitely put you in the Christmas spirit!
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies – A delicious cookie that will melt in your mouth and can be enjoyed year round!
Saltine Cracker Toffee – All you need are 5 ingredients and under 20 minutes to make this delicious treat that everyone will love
Sugar Cookie Pudding Cups – Shape your sugar cookies into cups and add some pudding to make this fun and festive dessert
Peppermint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies – Delicious chocolate cookies with a peppermint chocolate in the middle, these cookies are a great addition to your holiday cookie exchange or holiday parties.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – Delicious and the perfect easy recipe to have kids help out with.
Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies – Decadent and delicious, they won’t last long at your holiday party that’s for sure!
Reindeer Cookies – This fun treat doesn’t require any baking, just some assembly of some basic ingredients making an extremely cute dessert that’s for sure.
Christmas Chocolate Layer Bars – A fun and festive treat to make for the holiday season
Thick Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies – There perfect cookie to leave out for Santa on Christmas eve!
Cranberry Sour Cream Bundt Cake – Delicious and make with fresh cranberries everyone will love this cake.
Cinnamon Walnut Pinwheel Cookies – A rich, buttery and simple cookie to make this holiday season
Dulce De Leche Cheesecake Cookies – The perfect way to get a little taste of sweetness without eating a whole slice of pie!
French Toast Fudge – Who doesn’t love a dessert that tastes like their favourite breakfast food?
Lemon Ricotta Cookies – Perfect for not only Christmas but any time of the year and they go great with a cup of hot cocoa!
Gingerbread Bars – Everyone will love this gingerbread with a twist and it will soon become a family favourite.
Cinnamon Cake – This easy to make delicious cake will become a family favourite!
Mocha Peppermint Crunch – No rolling or cutting required! This delicious cookie is easy to make and even more delicious.
Old Fashioned Molasses Cookie – Christmas traditions in the form of a cookie! Need I say more?
Orange Cranberry Coffee Cake – Tart, juicy cranberries and a sweet orange glaze – the perfect dessert combination and even better there not much else to this recipe!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – Make these cookies part of your Christmas baking marathon this holiday season! Maybe they’ll become a family tradition too?
Christmas Tree Cupcakes – What makes these cupcakes is the green icing and Christmas sprinkles! Perfect for a Christmas classroom party treat.
Christmas Shortbread – Another shortbread recipe that will melt in your mouth! Even better all you need to do it swap out the sprinkles for different colors and you have a sweet treat for every holiday!
Peppermint White Chocolate Brownies – Make your own brownies from scratch or use boxed brownie mix – either way these are going to be a yummy addition to your holiday desserts
Buttery Pecan Snowball Cookies – Also known as Russian Tea Cakes, these delicious treats can be made in under 45 minutes!
When you’re done picking out some Christmas baking recipes make sure you head on over to our Facebook post and enter to win a $100 Mastermind Gift Card.